Friday 22 June 2012

Guest Blogger: Teena Raffa-Mulligan


Teena Raffa-Mulligan, a West Australian authorbooked at the last minute to attend the conference and she's written a post about why she decided to come. Here it is:

I’m a West Australian children’s author who has figured out some unusual remedies for wrinkles, the fuel to launch an Aussie grandpa into outer space and a trick to help young elephants remember not to go with strangers.

Many of my short stories and poems for children and adults have appeared in magazines and anthologies and my eighth children’s book has just been released. It’s a picture book called Who Dresses God? which was written many years ago in response to a question from my then four-year-old daughter who now has children of her own. I’ve also recently had my first novel for adults accepted for publication as an e-book.

When my first picture book – a stranger danger story called You Don’t Know Me? A Cautionary Tale for Children - was released in 1981 it brought me five minutes of fame and introduced me to the joys of sharing my passion for writing with people of all ages.
I retired in 2010 after a long career in journalism to concentrate on my own writing projects.

 I am looking forward to attending the conference and being able to completely immerse myself in the world of children’s books. It will be a wonderful opportunity to meet others who share my passion and keep abreast of changes in the industry. Essentially I am seeing it as a concentrated dose of inspiration and I’m expecting to return home brimming with enthusiasm and fresh ideas.
Teena Raffa-Mulligan


No comments:

Post a Comment